One of my newest (and youngest) friends, Oscar, has nominated me for the Liebster Award. I can’t begin to say how honored I feel. You can check out his blog at: A Rottweiler at The Cottage on the Green.
With the nomination comes the duty of having to answer 11 questions. Here goes nothing!
1) What do you consider to be the best time of day: Evening. That’s when Mom and me get our snuggles in.
2) Name your icon: Hmmmm…..this is a tough one. Part of me wants to say my best friend, Khia, because she’s so brave and big and wonderful. Another part of me says Underdog because he can fly . Sometimes I pretend I can fly and jump REAAAAAALLY far and high off of the deck. I especially like to do this when I have my red jacket on because it looks like a cape 🙂
3) Do you have a nemesis, if so who / what? JAMISON! My stupid cat brother who is evil and wants to kill me but pretends to be nice sometimes and that’s even scarier.
4) If you could have a super power what would it be? I would want to be able to turn mean cats into toads. Yeah….toads. Not you, Carol or Sammy or Samantha!!! Just mean cats!!!
5) Postman, love them of hate them? What’s a postman? Be right back….. Ok! I just asked Dad what a postman was and he said it’s the girl that drives by our house in the jeep and puts the mail in the mailbox. She doesn’t bother me because our mailbox is really far from the house.
6) What is your earliest memory ? Living on the street. It was very scary.
7) How did you start writing a blog ? My Mom and I were looking at facebook and we saw a video of a hamster that went viral all because he was eating a tiny burrito. Mom looked at me and said that if that hamster could get millions of views, I certainly could become an internet sensation. So here I am!
8) Social media, pleasure or bane of your life ? Pleasure when I’m using it, bane when Mom is using it.
9) What is the one thing you treasure above anything else ? Family. Nothing means more to me than my parents and Khia. Not even pork tenderloin (that’s a story for another time).
10) Do you have a nickname if so what is it and why? That’s funny! I just did a whole post on this very subject: What’s in a name?
11) What is your favourite past time? Snuggling. I don’t care who it’s with as long as they squeeze tight and tell me they love me 🙂
11 Random Facts About Me:
1) I think I might have a thousand spots. Seriously.
2) I have one spot that used to look just like Mickey Mouse but as I’ve grown up Mickey has become a bit distorted.
3) When Mom leaves for work in the morning, I panic and have to wake Dad. Yes, I know she leaves every day but it freaks me out and Dad MUST wake up right away.
4) When Mom first brought me home, I used to hide under Khia when we would go outside.
5) I have lots of toys but Dad’s socks are my favorite. It doesn’t matter if they are clean or dirty!
6) Having my nails clipped is my chinese water torture. I yelp before the clippers even touch the nail. Don’t even try to come near me with a grinder!
7) I like to steal Mom and Dad’s coffee when they aren’t looking.
8) I steal food from Mya who is blind and diabetic while she is eating. I never claimed to be perfect!
9) If you scratch my back just above the base of my tail I will “tap dance” and eventually fall over.
10) I enjoy watching the Puppy Bowl with Mom and Khia every year.
11) I am really weirdly shaped/sized and have a hard time finding clothes that fit.
Now it’s my turn to nominate. In no particular order:
1) meandray: My best blog buddy (BBB), Ray, and his dad, Colin. This is their 2nd nomination and I vote that they have to answer both Oscar’s questions AND my questions 😛
2) creekviewcarol: My NICE cat friend, Carol. Her blog is one of the funniest things I have EVER read. Mom reads it too and laughs her super ridiculous laugh 😀
3) The Adventures of Sawyer: My Jack Russell Terrier friend, Sawyer. He goes on some of the most amazing excursions and his mom takes BEAUTIFUL pictures.
4) Lexi the Schnauzer: She’s nice, funny, and beautiful. C’mon, I am a living, breathing male!
5) Cupcake Speaks: My friend Cupcake is a therapy dog and her mom write’s children’s books.
6) Easy Blog: My new friend, Easy the weimaraner is so cool!
7) Mister Baloney Head: Another new friend of mine who is really funny.
8) The Dante Diaries: My little friend Dante makes my mom smile so big and for that, he deserves everything 🙂
9) Wags Ahoy: My good friend, Gilligan, who inspires me to possible be trained….one day…..maybe.
11 Questions for the Nominees
1) What would you do if your parents brought home a new puppy?
2) If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
3) What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
4) If you went to the pet store, what is one thing you couldn’t leave without buying?
5) What do you want to be when you grow up? If you are already a grown up, did you do what you wanted to do?
6) What is your favorite animal?
7) How would you describe your personality?
8) If you could change one thing about your parents, what would you change?
9) Do you sleep in the bed with your parents, a crate, couch, or a doggy bed?
10) Do you play fetch?
11) If you answered ‘yes’ to #10: Why would you play that silly game?! I just don’t understand it! If you answered ‘no’, is it because it makes no sense to you, too???
Should you accept this award, you’ll need to know the rules, which are:
1: Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
2: Copy and paste the Liebster logo onto your own blog.
3: Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
4: Answer the 11 questions put to you by the person who nominated you.
5: List 11 random facts about yourself.
6: Nominate and link to 3—11 other blogs you enjoy that have less than 3000 followers
7: List 11 questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
8: Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.