That’s how long it’s been since Khia is gone.
2 months seems like such a short time ago but it feels like forever since I saw her.
The more time that passes, the more regret Mom feels. All the what ifs and should haves. The thoughts everyone knows are to be avoided at all costs because their torturous.
So what’s changed in 2 months?
– I sleep under the covers every night since Khia’s gone. Mom and Dad think this is curious behavior because I hated when she would go under the covers and hated being covered myself even more.
– I’m now scared of thunderstorms.
– I don’t care to go outside as often… especially at night.
– Jamison and I are working on our friendship.
– I get more people food… much to Mom’s dismay.
– I go for more car rides.
– I sleep more.
– I have a watch post for when the cockatiels signal activity in the driveway. Mom thinks maybe I look out the window in hopes of seeing Khia.
– My grandma (Dad’s mom) admitted that she loves me. Yeah, grandma, if you’re reading this, your secret is out! *snicker*
– I’m not having as many nightmares anymore as I was last month.
– I feel like I have nothing to write about. When I had Khia, there was so much to tell. Mom and Dad thought we were hilarious together. As I was telling someone earlier, my blog is based on actual events (99% of the time). So if you don’t hear from me for a bit of time, it’s probably because nothing memorable happened.
I’m sure I’m forgetting stuff but that’s the gist of it.
To my Khia: I love you with all of my heart.