Good evening, friends! What an eventful day! It all started at 4:30 in the morning. For some reason, Mom’s alarm went off. I was really confused. Then, she woke Dad up. Before I knew it, Grandma was awake, too. Then came Grandma’s luggage – it was time for Grandma to go home. This made me really sad because I spent a lot of time cuddled up to her during her time here. She loves me a whole lot.

She loves me!

She loves me!

Khia was sad, too!

Khia was sad, too!

After some hugs and kisses, they had to leave. The airport is an hour away and Grandma’s flight was at 8:25 a.m. I didn’t want to say goodbye.

Grandma's lap was made just for me!

It’s like Grandma’s lap was made just for me!

And just like that, they were off. Little did they know that Mission Impossible was going down here at the house. See, whenever Mom and Dad aren’t home and it’s around a mealtime, Khia and I let them know exactly how we feel about that. I’m not tall enough to get to the tops of the counters but Khia is. You know what was on the counter this morning? Almost an entire pumpkin pie! Know what’s not on the counter anymore? Almost an entire pumpkin pie! Serves them right for taking my grandma away AND not giving us breakfast before they left (the fact that it was only 5:30 a.m. is entirely irrelevant). Oh! I also took some toilet paper out of the bathroom trash can while they were gone. I just couldn’t resist.

Mom and Dad got back around 7:30 a.m. Khia instantly hid like she always does (big baby). I just sat there smiling and wagging my tail (cute always wins). It worked! Khia got the blame for it all!!!! She didn’t get in trouble, though. Mom and Dad knew they shouldn’t have left the pie on the counter.

Fast forward to 8:46 a.m. Mom was laying in bed trying to get some sleep when she found out her best friend, my Aunt Perry, was in labor! Mom jumped up out of bed and was a maniac. As if that wasn’t annoying enough (I was trying to sleep off my pie/toilet paper coma), the roofers showed up! We’re getting our roof replaced because back in May we had a 30 minute hail storm that caused quite a bit of damage. With all of that racket, there was no more sleeping.

So, Mom decides it’s time to put up the Christmas tree. She said something about adrenaline and needing to do something with all of the energy. She spent all day turning the house into Christmas Land.


I just sat there and watched the whole time.


Around 3:30 p.m., she was finally done. I don’t know why but I was really scared from all the noise on the roof. Mom sat down on the couch for a second and noticed I was shaking. She cuddled up next to me to hold me and calm me down. She always knows what to do to make me feel better.


The roofers left about 15 minutes later. I thought they would never leave. We fell asleep like you see in that picture for about an hour before we were woken up with messages that Aunt Perry was going to start pushing. I wish Mom had known it would be another 4 hours before that actually happened. We both could have used the sleep. But she didn’t and instantly turned crazy again.

Finally, at 8:00 p.m. we got the news that baby Paxton had arrived. Mom was laughing and crying all at the same time. I don’t really understand humans. I can’t wait for Aunt Perry, her husband, Patrick, and baby Paxton to come visit. Babies are fascinating. They have so many smells on them. I don’t like their grabby hands and kicky feet, though.

Today was certainly an adventure for the books! I’m exhausted and ready for bed. I hope I dream about pie tonight 🙂

About noodle4president

I was a discarded, lost little stray without a house or a family...until my mom found me. Now, I am the happiest, most loved dog in the whole world!

What are your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s